There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, April 17, 2013

All in a name......

There is something sweet about the name of Jesus. When I speak His name my heart is overcome with peace and safety. When asking what I love about Jesus I feel overwhelmed because I can't just pick a few characteristics and encompass them in a tiny box, but I can bask in the concept that what I love most is that He is ever changing. The love of Christ knows no boundaries, no rules, condemnation, fear, anger, sadness or pain. The love of Christ keeps no records of wrongs, imperfections, shortcomings or brokenness. The love of Christ is unconditional.

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" Ephesians 3:17-19

When I first asked Jesus to come into my heart I saw Him as this higher authority sitting above me just waiting for me to fail, I saw Him as an angry and unforgiving God who couldn't wait to scold me when I fell short of His power and authority. I saw Him as a rule enforcer and I often felt like I was chasing my own tail trying to measure up but yet falling short and having to start over. After awhile I wondered what all the fuss about being a follower of Jesus was about because from what I had experienced it was exhausting and miserable. I saw an overflowing joy radiate from others around me and I thought to myself "seriously, who wants to be happy about being fearful and constantly trying to be perfect. Then I realized all along I was trying to fall in love with the wrong God. I had to start over and realize that when I mess up God isn't waiting to punish me but His heart is broken because of the sorrow I'm subjecting myself too. I had to realize that Jesus is gentle, tender, gracious, merciful and loving.

In Jesus, God put his whole heart on display for the world to see. In Jesus, my love for God is renewed. In Jesus, the fullness of God's bigheartedness is revealed. I don't know what it is about him, but something about Jesus steadies me. His words breathe life. His actions impart hope. His life inspires action. It's not just his selflessness-that he would die for the redemption of others. The very act of coming to this world as one of us-the incarnational element of Christ-is so revealing, so compelling. Jesus gave up the comforts, pleasures, and beauty of heaven to be reduced to human form in a rundown stable in a less than popular area of town. He was literally born into the stench of this world, and he embraced those in it. He went after the untouchable, the unapproachable, and the questionable" Margaret Feinberg

That is what the sweet and loving name of Jesus means.......

No comments:

Post a Comment