There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, April 6, 2013

Calm the Storm...



After an exhausting day yesterday at the doctors I wanted nothing more than to put on my sweat pants and veg out and get away from the chaos. With so many emotions and so much information I felt a little on overload, still believing that God would grant us wisdom and direction in His timing although I wanted Him to make sense of everything right now. As I crawled up next to my 7 year old daughter Macie before tucking her in bed we started reading in Matthew.

We began a 6 month reading plan a week ago to help us read through the New Testament so Macie and I have taken the challenge together. It’s a lot for a 7 year old and me on some days but it’s helped her with reading and me with being accountable each day because I know she is looking forward to it and counting on our time together in the word. So far we have read about Jesus birth, Passover, Jesus Baptism, gathering the disciples, healing various people and it’s been amazing but as we read through our assigned reading last night my heart was reminded of His promises. It’s always amazing that regardless of what we are facing in life we are loved by a purposeful God who knows how to use His word to penetrate the very depths of our hearts and comfort us with His hope that passes all understanding.
   
Matthew 8: 23-27 “Then Jesus got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

There are times in life where it feels like God has left you, it feels like you are sitting in a boat in the middle of fierce winds and crashing waves. Everything within you trembles and shakes and it’s a constant battle to quiet the fear that keeps creeping up. With a difficult surgery and recovery approaching soon for us I feel like we are sitting in a little rowboat and the rope that was tying it safely to shore has been cut. As we float slowly away from the safety of shore the clouds start to darken and the winds begin to blow, we know a storm is on the horizon but we continue to hold on. In those moments where fear starts to creep up within my soul the hope of Jesus is ignited. Just when I feel like He has left me He stands up in the middle of that little rowboat and calms the storm within my heart and quiets the chaos of my circumstances.

“When the waves rise against me and the wind tries to draw me away
I will stand on the mountain, safe in Your arms I will sing I will sing

Be still my soul, be still
Be still my soul, be still
Wait patiently upon the Lord
Be still my soul, be still”

-Kari Jobe “Be Still”

No comments:

Post a Comment