There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, August 26, 2012

Toy room.....

Eleven sharpened pencils, one pair of scissors, a brown sparkly hair clip and one of my favorite long lost earrings. Cleaning out Macie's toys today these were the misfit items I found. I'm pretty sure having sharpened pencils and scissors in the bottom of a bin full of Polly Pockets is a safety hazard and obviously Barbie needed my earrings and hair clip more than I did even though I have yet to find the other earring, did I mention they were one of my favorite pairs. I'm sure there was a why somewhere along the way but, in my present moment of motivation to clean the toy room which is very rare, I sit puzzled at the mess and oddness of my findings.

I feel like our hearts are a lot like Macie's toy room. By taking a quick look it seems organized and clean but then when we start digging through the shiny exterior, layer by layer we discover hidden, broken, misplaced things. Maybe at one time there was a reason for a certain behavior or sin in our minds but now they no longer belong. Instead of just getting rid of the broken, odd pieces we decide to add more stuff on top so on the outside its hidden. Maybe its the result of a difficult past, a painful trial, a bad decision or relationship but instead of purging the room of your heart of it you keep adding more stuff to cover it up. Maybe its like Macie's toys and it needs cleaned out from time to time because regardless of how organized I try to keep it somehow, someway, the broken pieces keeping finding a place among the new.

God promises us in Isaiah that regardless of where we have been, what we have been through or what we have done His blood has covered our Sins and washed our Sins clean. Isaiah 1:18 "though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. What an awesome and loving God we have, that even when we clutter our hearts with junk we can take it to Him and in the process be made new. "I assure sure you that no matter what has you trapped, or how strong its hold, Jesus Christ's death on the cross has broken both the penalty and the power of your sin." Bruce Wilkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment