There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, June 12, 2019

His Voice

"The days are long but the years are short." I heard this quote on a movie I started watching today. I started thinking back to the 3 am bottle feedings and the sleepless nights that seems like yesterday, and now Macie is 13. The exhaustion is still very real but its now from running back and forth to one activity or another. I used to think it would get easier as she grew older and then I realized its still chaos but just a different type and season of chaos. I was thinking back to the playdates we used to go to when Macie was a toddler and it never failed someone would always loose their binkie or take a toddler tumble and each time the tot would start crying the moms would all get quiet and get that look on their faces, then only after a moment had passed one of the moms would recognize that it was her child crying.

It's amazing how good parents get at recognizing the sound of their child's voice. At this season of my life I no longer find myself trying to decipher toddler cries at a playdate but it doesn't matter how noisy the gym is during a basketball game or how crowded a store is at the mall, when Macie yells out "Mom" I immediately recognize my child's voice. In our close relationships it's amazing how much we pick up on the other persons voice, the tone and demeanor. If I'm upset about something, Scott immediately knows by the tone in my voice. If Macie has done something to break the "rules" she can immediately tell by my voice. I know you all can relate to what I'm saying whether it be with your spouse, children, friends, co-workers or even pet, but what about when it comes to God's voice? 

There have been times in my life where I felt like I couldn't hear from God. I begged Him to respond and cried out for answers but I felt like He was silent. There were even times when I questioned if God was still there. But if I'm being honest in the times where I struggled to hear Gods voice I had been so distant in my relationship with Him that if He had spoken to me would I have even been able to recognize HIs voice? When I was able to recognize Macie's cry as a toddler it wasn't because the moment she was born a magic genie in a bottle said "poof" and then I was able to decipher her cries, no it took spending so much time with her and learning what her cry sounded like and what each cry meant and why. When we invest our time into reading our Bible and spending time with Him we learn to decipher HIs voice. We learn the tone of HIs voice and the language that He uses to speak to us so that regardless of how many distractions there are around us in life when we call upon Him we can expect an answer and be ready and able to really hear it. 

“The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon. He makes Lebanon leap like a calf, Sirion like a young wild ox. The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning. The voice of the Lord shakes the desert; the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh. The voice of the Lord twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, “Glory!””
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭29:3-9‬

No comments:

Post a Comment