There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, November 25, 2013

RWOE 2014



Once again I feel like someone has given me a swift kick in the britches and reminded me how small I see our God. The ways in which I have seen Him move over the past 10 years are beyond amazement but yet I still get caught up in my small human thinking at times and place Him in a box. Last year as I was approaching my 30th Birthday January 17th I wanted to celebrate in a way that allowed others to get involved and spread joy, so I started RWOE (Random Words of Encouragement) Day. It was a challenge to me and others to write out their favorite quotes, scripture, song lyrics or whatever was encouraging to them and place them randomly around their community that day for people to stumble upon and shed some hope and joy on their day.

Each day we are all facing a battle. It may be seen or unseen and so often we could honestly just use a break, a little pick me up and a reminder to keep pushing forward. There have been many health battles over the past 4 years in my life and honestly times where I couldn’t even see how I would take one more step but then I would receive a card from a friend, read scripture that captured my heart or listen to a song that felt like was written just for me and the words in each instance captivated me and helped shine some hope in times I needed them the most. I realized that sometimes we could all use a little encouragement. There is power in words and life is hard enough and if we can do something simple to help each other get through difficult circumstances then it would make things easier. Maybe it’s a flat tire on the way to work, financial stress, a devastating diagnosis, failed relationship or who knows but I know we could all use a little break in the day to day stressors of life and a little hope.

As 2013 is wrapping up quickly and January is approaching I felt God whispering to my heart to not just leave RWOE Day in 2013 but to allow God to move once again and do RWOE 2014. Last year was an awesome day and we had many people participate, adults and children so I started to think of a goal which was my first mistake. I picked a goal that was obtainable through human abilities and what I have learned is that God asks us to pick goals that are unobtainable in our humanness so that He can show His power. After just a few days it was evident we were going to surpass my “small” goal to get 100 people to sign up and participate. I started praying and then once again posted a goal getting a little braver but still putting God in a box. After many emails and posts I started to realize that God wanted me to get out of the way and let Him move, He wanted to do something greater than I even imagined and through prayer and the encouragement of others our goal is now 1000 people to participate in RWOE 2014 with our goal to reach every state possible!!!!!
God is moving and the excitement is growing and as I sit back I shake my head at once again how little I saw our God. I am certain lives will be touched and hearts encouraged through RWOE 2014 but I know God has already taught me something big. He has taught me that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed God can move mountains. 

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Are you ready friends to watch God move mountains of hope in 2014?!!!!!!

2 comments: