There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mr. Monkey the Super-Hero.....

This morning as Macie was getting ready for school she noticed the stuffed monkey laying in our bed that she had bought her daddy for Christmas. A sock monkey with an OSU Buckeyes emblem on its chest and a red cape on its back  that screams or makes monkey noises (whatever monkey noises are) when you launch it across the room. As I crawled sleepily into bed last night I immediately noticed the silly monkey tucked in his arms as he snoozed away. I smiled at the sight of him cuddled peacefully snoozing away with "Mr. Monkey" and then took a picture for later torture :)  After we finished the whole beautifying process in 1st grader terms this morning of flat ironing her hair and trying to avoid the colorful tinsel, brushing her pearly whites, and finishing the "look" with light up snow boots I remembered the picture I had taken last night of Scott and Mr. Monkey. As I excitedly showed Macie she giggled and giggled but there radiated from her face a sense of pride because daddy liked the gift she had picked for him ;)

After laughing our pants off for a few minutes Macie picked up Mr. Monkey and started playing with him. She took his super hero cape off and put it back on and then asked, "mommy do you like the monkey better with the super hero cape or without the super hero cape?" I thought for a moment and answered "without." It was a simple question but had my mind racing. You see we would all like to have a superhero cape, we would all like to think we are invincible and unstoppable but the truth is that underneath the cape we wear each day representing Christ, we are just ordinary, messy humans. On our own its impossible to ignite superhero powers but with Christ we are more than conquerors, we are victorious, we are extraordinary.

Frustrated today after what seemed like the 50th mishap I thought to myself "what in the world" then I quickly realized it wasn't my circumstances that were frustrating me and getting in the way of my day but it was ME.  You see I woke up this morning and instead of allowing Christ to direct my footsteps and giving Him control I just took the lead on my own. I must admit in my humanness I do that from time to time, I try to be in control and think I got it all figured out and then WHAM life happens and knocks me straight on my rear end and I realized in that moment how desperate I am for Him to be in control and not me. "Although it seems safe and logical to be in charge of your life, being in charge becomes a heavy, lonely responsibility. Your Father graciously offers to take your life, protect you, strengthen you, and comfort you on your journey. You need not fear relinquishment, for it leads to freedom, security, and the real you" Cynthia Heald."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6.

A super hero can walk around wearing a cape but unless there is this supernatural ability ignited within him then Batman isn't gonna fly, Spider-man isn't going to climb with those amazing webs and underneath those capes they are just ordinary. Each day as my feet hit the floor a battle is already taking place. A battle for my thoughts, my attitude, my joy, my praise and its my choice whether to walk through the war zone and think I can take it on by my own strength or put on my super hero cape and allow Christ to infuse His supernatural power and abilities in me to take on whatever may come that day. "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes" Ephesians 6:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment