There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, September 14, 2012

Say Cheese....

Say cheese......

Ready on three....one, two, three cheeeeese. Its picture day in the Cameron household today and we just had soccer pictures a few weeks ago. Why are pictures always so stressful and rehearsed when they never really look like you plan. I don't know how many times I have stressed out, running around for days trying to pick out the right color coordinated outfits for me, my husband and daughter. Usually by the time we get to the place to have our pictures done I'm so exhausted the excitment has left and we are all ready to get them over with. How many people would be waving your hands right now because you know exactly what I'm talking about???

Now that Macie is getting older its a whole new ballgame I feel like. Needless to say clothes were flying and it looked like a mad dressing room before bed last night trying to figure out what she would wear, then of course you have to see what compliments the background you choose, it really could be way less complicated I'm sure, but its not. There is a whole new level of mystery that comes along with picture day now though since Macie is in school and I'm not actually with her during pictures. Its funny because last night Scott and I both were caught at different times asking her how she was going to smile for her pictures, and she would flash that pretty grin of hers our way. I am sure I am partial but she is a cutie and always seems to radiate with that smile of hers. So needless to say there is a sense of anticipation that comes along with picture day wondering what they will look like after all.

As I was filling out the picture sheet this morning I realized they have so many box's to mark for so many different options. Now you can choose your pose, background color and even touch ups. Huh, touch ups??? I thought one of the joys of school pictures is to look back and see a all the missing teeth in First Grade a cut on your forehead in 3 grade from soccer, giant zit in 8th grade, braces in 10th. I know those all seem like world disasters when they were happening and I know I have a few embarrassing pictures from when i was younger also but its part of the growing process. It shows a little character and reminder of life at the time. Its everyone's personal decision but I just can't see touching up my 7 year olds pictures, I want to see her, every quirky, beautiful blemish, imperfection and freckle on her little face!

I feel like life each day is a lot like a major photo shoot. We put on her best clothes, makeup, practice that smile and venture out for that "perfect pose." We could be falling apart inside, dealing with the weight of the world on our shoulders but nobody else will ever know because we will put on this front and pretend its all ok. I have talked about this many times before but because it bothers me so much! Why do we feel like we have to put our "game face" everyday? I'm not saying walk around looking frumpy and like you just crawled out of bed all the time and completely burdened because there are times it helps to pull yourself together and walk with your head high trying to put a positive light in your position in life, but I don't think you should have to pretend and practice for what others see. Its ok to not always have that perfect smile and to walk around like your have everything together, honestly neither does anyone else its just maybe they practice for the "shoot" everyday a little more. "Our worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace" Joyce Meyers. So thankful that God is my strength and that we don't need to pretend but allow Him to sustain us and hold us up in those times where our smile gets tired and we are too exhausted to pose any longer.

Psalm 121 "
"I lift up my eyes to the hills.......
where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Macie may make the silliest face and have her hair sticking up everywhere in her pics today and if that's the case when she brings them home in a few weeks although they may not be the typical "pose" its her that makes it beautiful and her life. Its a witness to who she is behind the pictures not whats captured with a flash in 2 seconds. Pictures hanging all over each of our walls are just a tiny representation of the person it captures, its merely superficial and shows nothing underneath. It doesn't represent that persons character and story. As you go throughout your day be real, be supportive and be kind. Maybe someone treats you like dirt at the grocery store, or gives you an attitude at the doctors office but you have no idea what they are battling. They make look good on the outside but their hearts may be breaking within. There is a quote I heard once that is amazing and it says this "Be kinder than necessary for every person you meet is facing some kind of battle." Plato.

No comments:

Post a Comment