There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beauty in letting go.........

There is beauty in the imperfections, the mess, the raw truth. Lately it’s become more evident to me how much I long to live by this truth but then find myself picking apart every little detail about myself, my life, my past, my flaws and before I know it I see nothing but ugly. I fail to see the road which I have traveled and the transformation the Lord has done in my life, I fail to see beauty instead of ashes and just see a pile of rubbish instead. Maybe you can relate and feel like as a mom you just can’t get it right, as a wife you feel like your falling short, your bank account is empty, you don’t feel skinny enough, pretty enough, creative enough, talented enough, your worn out, used up and flat out DONE!  

Yesterday as one of our Christmas break activities my husband, daughter and I went to see the Disney movie Frozen. If you haven’t seen the movie yet first of all, GO NOW!!! It’s magical but with a beautiful story line to go with it. Second I hope I don’t spoil any of it for you if you haven’t seen it but there was a very significant part for me that challenged my heart and made me pursue the real meaning of “beauty.” 

The whole movie the one sister is expected to hide who she really is, she is taught to be afraid of the very things that really make her beautiful. In one of the scenes she sings a song that says “Let it Go” it’s her cry to let go of all the thoughts, fears, and misconceptions about how the very rawness of who she is should be considered ugly and something to fear when in fact when she learns to let go and be free the most beautiful things happen. This happens a lot in our own lives. Based on our thoughts, fears and misconceptions we hide who we are, where we have been, what we have done and the flaws and imperfections of our lives. We allow the enemy to taunt us and put lies in our head that “if only I was like that person, or I will never do what that person can do, or if they knew what I have done they would never want to be my friend anymore.”  I am here to tell you from one GIGANTIC SINNER WITH A JACKED UP PAST, A DOOZIE MISTAKE MAKER AND STILL FAR FROM EVEN REMOTELY SEEING A GLIMPSE OF PERFECTION THAT THOSE ARE LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL FROM SATAN! You push those thoughts out of your mind and you allow Jesus name to be on your lips, the world doesn’t define you, you don’t define you and certainly the enemy doesn’t define you but you are defined by God who sent His one and only son Jesus to die on the cross for all those messed up thoughts, imperfections, flaws and mistakes!

1 John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life!!!”

God is a loving, gracious, Savior who works to redeem our stories and in our freedom through Him we find beauty. We can let go and allow Him to transform our stories, use our imperfections for His purpose and trade in those ashes for beauty. We can be who we were meant to be and we don’t have to hide behind those things we fear will make us undesirable, the past, our mistakes or our imperfections but instead we submit them to the hands of Christ and allow Him to sculpt and transform them into something magnificent. “No matter how deep the pit or dark the night, I will always look for you and rescue you because I love you with an everlasting love. You are precious to me. Even when you mess up, even when you’re careless or mistaken or afraid or broken or weak, I still love you. Even when you are incapable of doing anything for anyone, including yourself, I still love you. And just as I come for you, I come for all those who have made mistakes, and those who are overlooked, for those devalued and despised. I come for all the wrong people-the careless and uncared for, the merry and miserable. I come for the lost, whether the lost is a silly sheep, a silver coin, or a squandering son” Christine Caine.mples

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment