There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, December 13, 2013

Running the Race.....


As I sit anxiously awaiting the news I was called to my Aunts house for I had played out a million scenarios at this point. You would laugh hysterically at my final conclusion; just know it includes a will and her giving me her kids which wasn’t the case lol. Moments later with a few family members and a friend looking on I was handed a box and told to open it. Once again the nerves began to creep inside but when I opened it I was amazed and overjoyed. As I opened the box I found a logo for the first “Kickin Crohn’s 5k” in honor me and my family to be held May 31, 2014. The words left me in that moment and once again I was reminded of how incredibly blessed we are.
Someone tonight expressed to me what an inspiration she felt I was because of my journey and my initial reaction to her was that “it’s amazing what you will do when you have to do it.” There are some days I think my circumstances are no big deal and others where I feel like the end of the journey seems out of sight but regardless I remind myself the reason I fight. 



I fight because I have a precious daughter who 8 years ago God decided to bless my life with and from the moment I first heard her heart beating I made a vow to always love, protect and fight for her. Some days it may mean fighting for her over a mean kid at school, others it may be on the sidelines of a sporting event but right now it’s to fight this difficult disease physically and to show her that regardless of how big the giant looks in front of you that you NEVER give up because we serve and love a God who is bigger than our circumstances and who conquered the grave of sin and death and is real and present in our lives every day and with Him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

I fight because I have a husband who is patient and loving and has been handed a difficult journey with me and yet he does it and not because he has to but because that’s what a man of God with integrity and commitment does to show unconditional love to his wife.

I fight because there are so many friends and family who have cheered on the sidelines for me and helped lift me to my feet when I wanted to give up on the race. 

I fight because there are so many who fight the same devastating disease every single day and need a cure just like I do.

Most importantly I fight because this is the race I have been called to run and we haven’t crossed the finish line yet and God hasn’t finished His work in and through me………but is just beginning.

Hebrews 12:2 “let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus

1 comment: