There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, March 18, 2013

Never thirst again.....



As I roll out of bed in the morning and notice two 32 ounce Gatorade bottles sitting on my bedside table I am reminded of the restless night’s sleep I got the night before. It’s a vicious cycle every other night but necessary for survival. Before crawling in bed I connect the IV line in my arm to a bag of electrolytes and let it infuse for 6 hours while I sleep, or try to sleep. The electrolyte solution most recently the Doctors have prescribed contain extra Sodium (salt). If you know anything about chemistry or food you know that consuming extra salts cause fluid to be retained in the cells of your body and so in order to cycle that through you become extremely thirsty.  It’s really about balancing out the fluids in your body so that your cells aren’t dehydrated which is why the salt is added so that my body holds on to the fluid more and helps with hydration. It never fails though like clockwork a few hours after I start infusing I wake up feeling like my throat is closing up, I am chewing a piece of cotton instead of bubblegum and my tongue feels like sandpaper. Even though I’m half out of it and exhausted I can’t go back to sleep, I can’t relax or do anything, it consumes my mind until I sleepily walk down to the kitchen and grab a Gatorade out of the fridge to quench that extreme thirst I’m feeling. As I was trying to understand this whole process the Lord placed a particular passage of scripture on my heart and a light bulb went off where it all seemed to make sense.

Matthew 5:13-16 “Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

See because the IV fluids I infuse every other night have salt in them it makes me extremely thirsty. When we read Matthew 5:13-16 the Lord is asking us to be the salt in the world that starts a chain reaction, a reaction that causes an extreme thirst in the hearts and lives of those around us that will only be quenched by the living water of Jesus Christ. The other part of this verse is about being the light of the world. As followers of Jesus it’s our duty to share the good news of Jesus and to help light the way before those who are lost and help guide them to Jesus. By sharing our testimonies and the ways in which God has transformed our lives we can show others His grace and love and shine a light of hope into their lives. I encourage you this week to be the salt and light of the world so that others will thirst after Him. “But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life” John 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment